Senior Production Supervisor
Directly responsible for leading the production team on shift. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication with employees on shift as well as with management. Directly responsible for safety on shift. Responsible for Production expectations.
• Will conform to all GMP procedures at facility (proper sanitation, dress, etc)
• Comply with all safety procedures and SDS instructions when handling chemicals
• Be familiar with PPEs safe operating procedures
Education/Certification: Bachelor of Science, Business, or a related Food Science
Technology or any combination of education or experience.
Required Knowledge: Quality/HACCP knowledge or training
Experience Required: 3-5 years industry experience
Skills/Abilities: Computer literate, mechanically inclined
Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing a definite asset
Reasoning Ability: Ability to use common sense, understanding to carry out detailed work and to deal with problems involving a few variables.
Mathematical Ability: Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios, percents and to drawn and interpret graphs.
Language Ability: Ability to read at a grade 12 level. Ability to write complete sentences. Ability to communicate using normal word order and using good vocabulary. Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus.
Mechanical Ability: Ability to troubleshoot, recognize a problem and to make recommendations to repair problem.
1. Directly responsible for leading the production team on shift
• Assigning duties and line manning.
• Issue written and oral instructions to employees
• Examining duties for exactness and quality
• Prioritizing work loads in accordance with daily production schedules.
• Supervise the inventory management system.
2. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication with employees on shift as well as with management.
• Recommendations on hiring, dismissals, training, performance evaluations and pay increases.
• Must have a comfort level in coaching and mentoring
• The ability to foster a cooperative work environment and motivate team
• Ability to react, understand, follow and enforce company policy and procedure.
3. Directly responsible for safety on shift
• Lead by example by way of safety
• Conduct and/or delegate safety orientation of new hires
• Conduct monthly safety inspections to identify potential hazards
• Correct or report unsafe conditions observed in the workplace
• Ensure compliance to company and OSHA regulations
• Reduce the possibility of accidents by ensuring that people are properly trained on equipment.
• Investigate and report all infractions, Accident and Incidents to HR Manager
• Submit all necessary safety forms in a timely manner
4. Responsible for Production expectations
• Will work to achieve optimum production and productivity on shift.
• Ability to assist in production planning
• Ensure proper documentation of production activities and report to Production Manager
• Investigate abnormal operating events or equipment failure to determine cause, make adjustments or recommendations as needed.
• Responsible for supporting continuous improvement projects of area to support present and any future operations.
• Must be proficient in the operation of machinery
• A champion and driver of change
1. Indoor – Cold Wet Environment
2. Hours based on designated shift (generally 8 hr. shifts)