Hake with Hoisin Ginger Sauce
8 hake fillets
3 Tbsp. hoisin (in the Asian food section)
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. water
1 tsp. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 clove garlic, chopped
4 each green onions, sliced
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1. In a small bowl, combine ginger, garlic and green onions.
2. Place a sauté pan on medium heat. Add 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil in pan to sauté ginger, garlic and green onions until tender.
3. Add soy sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
4. Set sauce aside.
5. In a pan, heat 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil, add hake fillets and sauté until golden brown on both sides.
6. Remove hake from pan and top with sauce.
Serving ideas: Serve aside sautéed vegetables, brown rice or a green salad. Garnish with sesame seeds.