Hake with Spinach and Wild Mushrooms
8 hake fillets
1 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. olive oil
4 cups fresh spinach
8 oz. oyster or other wild mushrooms
1 shallot, chopped fine
8 oz. white wine
flour, for dusting
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp. paprika
1. Place hake fillets on a flat surface, season with salt, pepper and paprika coat seasoned hake in flour and set aside.
2. Heat a medium skillet, add butter and olive oil.
3. Place lightly floured hake into the skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides. Remove hake from pan and set aside.
4. Deglaze pan with white wine and reduce the liquid to a saucy consistency.
5. Reduce the heat and add mushrooms, shallots and spinach.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Place the sautéed spinach and mushrooms on a plate and place hake over the vegetables.
Serving ideas: Serve over white or brown rice.