Scallops with a Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
1 lb. scallops, side muscle removed
1 TBSP butter
1 TBSP olive oil
Salt and Pepper
Fresh Parsley chopped for garnish
Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
2 TBSP butter
2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
2 TBSP freshly squeezed lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 TBSP of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Add the olive oil and then begin to add the scallops in a single layer. Work in two batches if necessary to give the scallops room to cook.
- Depending on their size, sear the scallops for 1-2 minutes per side, transferring them to a plate. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add 2 TBSP of butter to the pan, then add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the lemon juice and lemon zest and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve scallops with lemon garlic butter sauce and garnish with parsley.
Makes 4 servings